Conference Steering Committee
The Conference Steering Committee is an advisory body and assists the Project Management Board and Executive Committee. The committee takes all decisions regarding the conference programme, including the chairs and speakers. The Steering Committee’s opinions are important for major decisions regarding all parts of the conference. The Conference Steering Committee consists of national and international experts, representatives of stakeholders and representatives of public institutions up to 10 members. The chair of the steering committee is determined by a simple majority of the committee members.
The main responsibilities of the committee are following:
- To define the strategy and the main goals of the conference
- To define issues to be addressed and conference agenda & speakers
- To define the chairing of conference sessions; To supervise conference papers
- To supervise and approving conference communication strategy
- To assess the conference outcomes
- To define selection criteria and select successful candidates for the poster session and side events
- To advise the Project Coordinator on the achievement of the project objectives.
Members of the Conference Steering Commitee:
Alena Žáková, Ministry of Economy of the SR
Alexander Duleba, Slovak Foreign Policy Association
Břetislav Dančák, Dean, Faculty of Social Studies, Masaryk University, Brno
Juraj Nociar, Head of Cabinet of the Commisioner Maroš Šefčovič
Juraj Wagner, Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic
Karel Hirman, Head, Imeplementation Unit ELENA project – Prešov Self-Governing Region
Lívia Vašáková, Representation of the European Commission in Bratislava
Ľubomír Bilský, Slovak Centre of Scientific and Technical Information
Michael Gonchar, Director, Center for Global Studies "Strategy XXI"
Tomasz Dąborowski, Centre for Eastern Studies
Vladimír Zuberec, European Commission
Zsuzsanna Pató, REKK – Corvinus University